Monday, July 27, 2009

Get Silly Putty out of anything for less than $1

My lovely girls took Silly Putty to bed with them after being told that it needed to stay downstairs.  This putty melted itself to the sheet and blanket.  It was not found till they were pulled from the wash.  Luckily it didn't effect the other clothes in the wash.  I through the sheet out but couldn't bear to though out the blanket my mom had given my oldest daughter.  It sat on the drier for a few weeks till I  could figure out what to do.  I tried Goo-Be-Gone and that didn't work, just made the putty more slippery.  I then got on the net and searched to see what would work.  I found that Rubbing Alcohol will dissolve it.  It worked!  I soaked the affected area in rubbing alcohol for 10 minutes, used a plastic butter knife and it was gone!!  Hand sanitizer will do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment